Where we ask: Is the mind like a computer? A Conversation with Orion Adrian
November 16, 2021
WEBB Squared & Afro Future Productions
Welcome to Season 2 of The Remedy Podcast, where we explore the question "What does it mean to be a human being?"
"The Remedy Podcast" is a joint podcast between "Wealth through Entrepreneurship for Black Businesses" and Afro Future Productions.
Meet "The Remedy" hosts:
- Stephanie Terry, Executive Director of WEBB Squared
- Rinnie Orr, Associate Director
- Mashallah Salaam, Podcast Producer and Media Specialist.
In this episode:
- We talk about our experiences at the WEBB Squared Launch event from October.
- Orion Adrian, Tech Lead at Lexis Nexus and podcast guest, talks with us about machine learning.
- Orion walks us through artificial intelligence and how computers learn.
- We discuss where the human mind differs from the minds of machines, and ponder the ethical and moral dilemmas of those differences.
- We tackle the notion that machines take on the biases of their creators.
"The Revolution Begins with Dialogue"
Join the conversation! Become a part of the revolution. Join our community as a Patron Supporter. Your support is greatly appreciated.
Subscribers will be able to participate in monthly conversations with the hosts and will be acknowledged on social media as well as the podcast.
Support the show