The One on Asset Based vs. Asset Deficit Perspective in Black Entrepreneurship
September 28, 2021
WEBB Squared & Afro Future Productions
"The Remedy Podcast" is a joint podcast between WEBB Squared "Wealth through Entrepreneurship for Black Businesses" and Afro Futures Productions
Meet "The Remedy" hosts:
- Stephanie Terry, Executive Director of WEBB Squared
- Rinnie Orr, Associate Director
- Mashallah Salaam, Podcast Producer and Media Specialist.
In this episode:
We discuss an article by Felecia Hatcher: "The Deficit Framing Of Black Entrepreneurship In Foundations, Corporations And Media"
- We examine how our own work at WEBB Squared - moving from an asset-deficit perspective to an asset-based perspective - is good for our entrepreneurs.
- We challenge one another to look at how the power of social conditioning, cognitive biases and logical fallacies informs our perspective.
"The Revolution Begins with Dialogue"
Join the conversation! Become a part of the revolution. Join our community as a Patreon Subscriber. Your support is greatly appreciated.
Subscribers will be able to participate in monthly conversations with the hosts and will be acknowledged on social media as well as the podcast.Support the show