The Remedy Podcast
The One on Resilience and Clara Brown
August 31, 2021
WEBB Squared & Afro Future Productions
"The Remedy" is a joint podcast between WEBB Squared "Wealth through Entrepreneurship for Black Businesses" and Afro Future Productions.
Meet "The Remedy" hosts:
- Stephanie Terry, Executive Director of WEBB Squared
- Rinnie Orr, Associate Director
- Mashallah Salaam, Podcast Producer and Media Specialist.
In this episode:
- We talk about and define "resilience",
- We discuss post traumatic stress
- We explore living within systemic structures that effect a person's abilities to be resilient
- We lift up the life, work and resiliency of Clara Brown, a former enslaved woman who became a community leader, philanthropist, and a prosperous entrepreneur and made her mark as Colorado's first black settler.
“The Revolution Begins with Dialogue” - If you wish to become a part of our Conscious Conversation and be in community with us, please consider sponsoring the podcast as a Patreon Subscriber. Your support is greatly appreciated. As a supporter, we welcome you into our community on our podcast. Members will be able to participate in monthly Conscious Conversations with the hosts of the podcast.Support the show